Buying & Planning Manager
In this cross functional role, you will oversee all areas of the merchandise plan, working collaboratively with key stakeholders to deliver on financial targets and customer expectation. You will be a strategic problem-solver, analytical thinker with an acute eye for product and the business acumen to support your judgement.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Responsible for the merchandise financial plan and OTB. WSSI management.
- Set sales targets by channel. Re-forecast in-season and develop trade plan to mitigate risk. Analyse historical trends, identifying opportunities to drive sales, margin, and stockturn.
- Manage core merchandise planning processes; range plan, buy quantity, delivery phasing, budgeted markdown management and stock exit strategies.
- Create customer-centric seasonal assortment plans. Apply hindsight analysis to support sound buying decisions.
- Manage Retail & Wholesale pricing architecture to achieve intake KPIs.
- Analysing stock distribution ensuring all channels have the right product mix, depth and size curve for maximum profitability and sell through.
- Manage effective inventory movement (allocations, replenishment and consolidations) to capture sales opportunities whilst minimising costs within the supply chain.
- Responsible for Inventory accuracy. Monitor, investigate, resolve, and report on stock discrepancies and shrink. Coordinate quarterly stocktakes and regular cycle counts.
- Accountable for effective sales analysis, both in-season and post-season using lessons learned for future ranging decisions.
- Provide support, development, and coaching to the Merchandise Assistant.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Commercial reporting and numeracy skills with the ability to sort, organise and interpret data to aid effective decision making.
- Strong communication skills and relationship management with stakeholders at all levels.
- A resourceful thinker and problem solver with a hands-on, flexible approach in an evolving environment.
- Proactive, self-motivated, results focused and performs well under pressure.
- Strong follow-up, attention to detail and organisation to ensure conflicting priorities are managed and critical path deadlines are adhered to.
- Willingness to collaborate and strive for continual improvement of processes under your control.
- Advanced Excel skills, including creation of templates. Experience using multiple ERP systems, scope and implementation desirable.
An ideal candidate will have a relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent Merchandise Buying and/or Planning experience in a fashion apparel or accessories company. We are looking for someone who is positive, enthusiastic and will contribute to our supportive team dynamic.
Please send through your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line alice McCALL: Buying & Planning Manager Application.